Frater Ildanach


Awake! Arise!

I have been asleep for an Aeon, now an eye looks inward, time’s begun
Memories arise as lights on a screen, as inwardly unfolding the past is seen
For I have been two divided, a rich pink cave with life inside it
And I have been an Eel in a race, I have won against odds and taken my place
And I have been a serpent bound heart, as two became one my life did start
Individuality awakened as cells divided, made of Earth with spirit inside it
And as blood drums beat a chant to the moon, a child was nourished in the sacred womb
And I have emerged from the gate of death, I have screamed aloud with life’s first breath
And I have grown and watched and learned, I have changed my ways as seasons turned
And I have been an inward child, by nature and nurture jointly styled
And I have been a foolish youth, I have walked my way in search of truth
Of woman and mans ways in this world, I have striven to learn as my life has unfurled
And I have Wife and Sons on this path and friends to share and love and laugh
And I have opened my heart to this land, many-named Goddess whereon I stand

‘Eriu, Banba, Fotla, Badbh!’
Hear the Island of Destiny’s Sisters weave
Ireland Awaken, open your eyes, to see our lady bound with lies
And look fair lady, as you slumbered
This land has been raped and burnt and plundered
And tyrants of another race have cut a scar on Irelands face
And Irish hearts have hidden and cowered, been enslaved by lies empowered
By blackest Rome and Papal power, as yet alive this very hour

I call you Eriu Arise! Awake! Vengeance for wrongs now to take
I call you Morrigan, Bridget too, Destroy the old, life renew!
I call you Goddess, Arise! Awake! Ireland’s chains now to break
Awake! Arise! Arise! Awake! Raise your hearts freedom take!
I call you Goddess, break the daze, clear Ireland’s eyes from Papal haze
An end to guilt, suffering and sorrow, destroy them Goddess before tomorrow

I call you Goddess, Illumine, Inspire! As I call on the flames of Bridget’s Fire
And I call to the Wells of Inspiration, reveal the future of Ireland’s Nation
And I call upon Lugh’s Flaming Spear, be upon my hand, bring victory near
And I call on Nuada’s Silver Sword, come lend your aid de Dannan lord
And I call aloud to the Stone of Fal, scream under the Kings of Liber AL
And I call to the Dagda, with mighty club, bring out your Cauldron with Irelands grub

And I call to Ireland by the Poet’s power, Awake! Arise! This very hour
Behold! A Vision, future days, with new Irish Laws and new Irish Ways
Awake! Arise! Arise! Awake! Brothers and Sisters, now to take,
A step to the future sure and strong, and lend your voice to freedoms song

Awake! Arise! Arise! Awake!
For this lands future we must make
Upon our course we must decide, born on the waves of Freedoms tide!
And as change is happening all around, join the chorus, echo the sound!

Awake! Arise! Arise! Awake!
Proud and strong, your Freedom take
Walk your own way, strong and bright, fill your heart with freedom’s might

Awake! Arise! Arise! Awake!
Upon this land a look to take
Magickal, Mystical, Mighty place, of the Aos Dana, the ancient race
I call on you now, awake to these words,
Awake! Arise! De Dannan lords
Empower these people with strength and skill
With courage might and iron hard will
Guide our way into the unknown, empower and encourage, for we have grown
We were few, we are becoming many
From Cruachan, Emain Macha , Cork or Killkenny
So people of Ireland Arise and Awake, united but diverse this change to make
To work together, reconstruct this land, this Sacred place whereon we stand
And I call you people upon this hour, to use the ways of Magick and Power
To unleash the strength that lies within, I call on you now Arise! Begin!
To walk your own way, to your self be true, to seek out the task appointed for you
For in Nature’s pattern we have all a place, we have all a course and all a pace
But I feel the need for a gathering of heads and the interweaving of many, many threads
As I tell you this my will and desire, I dedicate these words to Awake and Inspire
For I see a vision of a growing community, joining together in strength and unity
For we have many changes to make, as we work together and laugh and rake
And I call on you now, with speech and with sight!
Descend to the Darkness! Arise to the Light!
For together we will change this land
With Drumming heart and Spear in hand
So join the whirl of this spiraling wheel
Open your hearts, your minds and feel
A New Order arise, from the ashes aflame!
Come enter its ranks in Freedoms name!


The Breastplate of Thelema

I Arise today in a mighty Strength! 
In the refuge of Nuit! 
By the light of Hadit 
With the strength, force, vigour of Ra Hoor Khuit! 

I Arise today 
Through the rite of Lustration, to purity of purpose! 
Through the rite of Consecration, to Balance in virtue! 
Through the rite of Devotion, to the Conquest of Death! 

I Arise today, individual and eternal! 
In the balance of elements, in the harmony of spheres. 
In the Strength of the New Law, and love under will. 
I Arise today in Light, in Life, in Love, in Liberty! 

I Arise today through the strength of Heaven, 
The Light of Sun, Brilliance of Moon, 
Speed of Lightening, Splendor of Fire, 
Swiftness of Wind, Depth of Sea 
Stability of Earth, Firmness of Rock 

I Arise today against Bonds of Ignorance! 
Against falsehood and restriction! 
Against Fear and weakness, inaction and apathy! 
 I Arise today against interference or interruption! 
Against deceits of Slave Gods! 
Against Unjust Laws of Old time past! 
Against every superstitious and tyrannical Power 
that may oppose the Welfare of the Human Race! 

I Arise today 
With my own strength to pilot me 
my own might to uphold me 
my own wisdom to guide me 
my own eyes to look before me 
my own ears to hear for me 
my own word manifest within me 
my own path before me 
Unto the fulfillment of will! 

The Light of Hadit within me, 
The Blue and Gold of Nuit around me 
True Brethren on all sides of me 
…True courage within me 
…Sacred ground beneath me 
…One star above me 
…Harmony on my right 
…Battle on my left 
…Prosperity before me 
.. Knowledge behind me 
…Power in height 
Power in breadth 
Power in Depth 

Thelema in the Heart of everyone who thinks of me 
In the mouth of everyone who speaks of me 
In the eye of everyone who sees me 
In the ear of everyone who hears me 

I Arise today in a mighty Strength! 
In the refuge of Nuit! 
By the light of Hadit 
With the strength, force, vigour of Ra Hoor Khuit!




To move onto the next chapter of the book click here

To move onto the previous chapter of the book click here